These products come in hundreds of different variations - I post the designs that I like but if you click on the image and follow the link through to Zazzle, you can change product styles and colours, switch between men’s women’s and kid’s and you can even change the background colour of the design. I've posted some instructions on how to do this in the "how to buy from Zazzle" button (above) but I'm also happy to customise my products for you - drop me an e-mail at teebarblogspot@hotmail.com

Sunday 20 April 2014

REAL HEROES - Malala Yousafzai and Atticus Finch


We live in society where football players and reality TV contestants are regularly described by the media as 'heroes' - some of them might be but most are not

I'm not sure about you but my heroes tend to be selfless and a lot more heroic and braver than that 


I came up with the idea for 'REAL HEROES' a while back - a series which identifies and celebrates my heroes and you're welcome to download and share them as you please (non-commercial use only)


Some of my heroes have charities and I have included a link  - donate if you can
                                                                                                      


REAL HEROES - Malala Yousafzai



WHO IS MALALA?

That is the question the Taliban asked when they stormed the 15 year old Malala’s school bus on October 9th 2012. They shot her in the head in an attempt to silence her and end her campaign for girls’ rights to go to school.

Her shooting, and her refusal to stand down from what she believed was right, brought to light the plight of millions of children around the world who are denied an education today.





"The terrorists thought that they would change my aims and stop my ambitions, but nothing changed in my life except this: Weakness, fear and hopelessness died. Strength, power and courage was born."


Donate to the Malala Fund here 








REAL HEROES - Atticus Finch


Harper Lee's fictional character from To Kill A Mockingbird was played by Gregory Peck in the 1962 film  and never before or since has an actor been so perfectly suite for a role.


Atticus is the widowed father of Jem and Scout but he is also a lawyer and when asked to defend an African American accused of raping a white woman, he displays compassion, enormous strength and depth of character and becomes not only his children's hero but also, I suspect, a nation's moral compass.




“Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.”



“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”


“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”


“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.”


“It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.”












No comments:

Post a Comment