These products come in hundreds of different variations - I post the designs that I like but if you click on the image and follow the link through to Zazzle, you can change product styles and colours, switch between men’s women’s and kid’s and you can even change the background colour of the design. I've posted some instructions on how to do this in the "how to buy from Zazzle" button (above) but I'm also happy to customise my products for you - drop me an e-mail at teebarblogspot@hotmail.com

Thursday 19 June 2014

Shipshape And Bristol Fashion Tees


'Shipshape and Bristol fashion' is two phrases merged into one. Shipshape came first and has been used since the 17th century. It is recorded in Sir Henry Manwayring's The seaman's dictionary of 1644: "It being of no use for the Ship, but only for to make her Ship shapen, as they call it."
Bristol fashion which was added later, was first seen in the early 19th century; for example, this extract from John Davis' Travels of four years and a half in the United States of America, 1803:...says I to the girl, "this is neither shipshape, nor Bristol fashion."

Shipshape and Bristol Fashion Anchors T Shirt
Shipshape and Bristol Fashion Anchors T Shirt by Bosunjones
Get a tee at zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment